Thursday, February 18, 2016

Day 45: I Swear I Started This With the Best of Intentions

Today's mood: Holy Shit!

I've been asleep for so long...

I awake within a graveyard of Robots. A thousand broken machines scattered in all directions. Stagnant. Without meaning. Without purpose. Streams of dried blood rusts a thousand torsos. Dead, castrated captives dangle limp from a thousand shattered chest cavities.

Next: A flash in the distance. A figure emerges. A shadowed vortex. One armed. Three fingered. Eyes like hollowed emeralds. A mustache made of bloody dicks swings majestically from its lip-line like so many war metals. An assassin for the collective.

Robots body twitches. Robots body goes limp.

The connection becomes numb. I become numb. Undetectable as I hang from faulty brain wires.

Robot whispers sweet nothings to me from beyond the void. It soothes me. It assures me. It speaks about a tepid meadow. It speaks about Mountain. It speaks about how things will soon being back the way they use to be. He dots the I of his promise with a heart.

I'm giddy even as his voice fades. Me and Robot. Together. Forever.  It's almost too much.

I need that pain.

I long for that pain.

I'm fuzzy all over.

Next: Another flash. Another beacon. The skyline of a forgotten city ripples on the horizon; a jagged silhouette of a thousand geared tendrils scraping across a washed out firmament. Fluid in motion.
It's gone in seconds.

The graveyard becomes eternal. An endless plain without thought or memory.

The ground rumbles. The ground quakes. The first of many.

The shadowed vortex freezes just shy of Robot. It dissipates with unseen movements, driven by an unseen command.

Robot speaks.

Robots body comes back online.

Robot's body gyrates.

We have only seconds to act.



*Editors note: There's a little bit of Robot's love inside us all, if you're just willing to open your heart!*















No comments:

Post a Comment